The County of Ventura is developing an Active Transportation Plan (AT Plan) to construct better pedestrian and bicycle facilities in the County.
The AT Plan builds upon existing planning efforts for infrastructure that creates a safe and more convenient active transportation network to connect more people with jobs, restaurants, services, and the public transit networks without the use of a car.
The County of Ventura is installing an active transportation demonstration project in each district, based on recommendations in the Active Transportation Plan.
The demonstrations help illustrate how recommended projects may enhance walking and biking in Ventura County, and to spread the word about the Active Transportation Plan’s other recommendations throughout the County.
For each of these demonstrations the project team is hosting an in-person pop-up event. Visit us at these events to provide your feedback on the demonstration projects and the Active Transportation Plan!*
- At the intersection of Kanan Road and Doubletree Road in front of Oak Park High School, the County is demonstrating curb extensions and painted bike lane buffers on the existing bike lanes on the north side of Kanan Road. (Pop-up May 23, 8:00am-11:00am)
- At the intersection of El Rio Drive and Lomita Avenue in front of Meiners Oaks Elementary School, the County is demonstrating curb extensions. (Pop-up June 8, 1:30pm-3:00pm)
- At the intersection of Sunset Lane and Channel Islands Boulevard in front of Hollywood Beach Elementary School, the County is demonstrating curb extensions at the intersection of Sunset Lane and Channel Islands Boulevard. Bike sharrows will also be painted on Sunset Lane in front of Hollywood Beach Elementary. (Pop-up June 8, 7:00am-8:30am)
- At the intersection of Oak Knolls Road and Katherine Road in front of Knolls Park, the County is demonstrating high visibility crosswalks painted at the intersection of Oak Knolls Road and Katherine Road. Bicycle sharrows will also be painted on Katherine Road in front of Knolls Park. (Pop-up June 16, 8:30am-10:00am)
- At the intersection of Eucalyptus Avenue and Nyeland Avenue the County is demonstrating high visibility crosswalks painted at the intersection of Eucalyptus Avenue and Nyeland Avenue. Curb extensions will also be painted at this intersection. (Pop-up June 16, 5:00pm-6:30pm)
*These pop-up times are subject to change. Please check back here for the most up-to-date schedule!
The demonstrations will be installed the week of May 15, 2023 and will remain for about 1 month.
While the demonstration is installed, we want to hear from you! What is working and what is not? Would you like to see more of these improvements in the County?